The Responsible Business Initiative is integrating with Blue Sky Institute.
The mission of the Responsible Business Initiative is to catalyze leaders to create sustainable value for business and society.
WHAT IS THE RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS INITIATIVE?
Launched by the College of Business and Economics, the Responsible Business Initiative (RBI):
- Focuses on business ethics, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, corporate governance and diversity
- Aims to build the commitment and capacity of our students, faculty and community to understand and manage responsible business issues.
- Seeks to innovate collaboration at the intersection of business, education and society.
Our vision is that through education, research and community collaboration, COBE inspires leaders to create an inclusive and sustainable local and global economy that accounts for economic, social and environmental impacts.
TOP RBI ACHIEVEMENTS
- Responsible business priorities and values are now part of COBE’s strategy, mission, and learning objectives.
- More than 75 undergraduate classes and 23 graduate classes have integrated responsible business content as of 2015.
- More than 500 external stakeholders have participated in responsible business-sponsored or co-sponsored events.
- COBE produced has continued to create and publish an annual sustainability report led by a team of undergraduate and graduate students.
- RBI partnered with the COBE in creating an Inclusive Excellence Strategy for the college.
- Co-hosted a sold-out third annual Diversity and Inclusion Summit in fall 2017.
MAJOR PARTNERS INCLUDE: